Thursday, September 9, 2010

La La La La, La La La La, Miss H's World!!!!!!!!

On November 3, 2008 my little angel graced us with her presence in this world! I can not believe it has been two years since Miss. H was born!!! My little baby is growing up! But, it means it is time to start planning another party! WOO HOO!!! Since she is obsessed with Elmo what better route to go than sesame street. I didn't want to just do elmo because it limits me. haha I may be crazy but at least I will admit it. She is just SO special to me and I always want her to have the BEST! I'm still on the job hunt so the budget is limited and I decided to make as many of the decorations as possible. I came up with the idea to get some foam board and cut out the sesame street characters. I cut out two elmo's, one holding blocks spelling out her name and one holding a #2 as well as big bird, Grover, Cookie Moster, Oscar, Zoe, and Bert and Ernie. I also decided to cut out a "sesame street" slash "MISS. H Street" sign.





They all turned out really well. I made a "Miss H's World" sign to go over the mantel and cut crayon's out of construction paper and put Happy Birthday Miss H on the to hang from the mantel as a banner.


For other decorations I went to the dollar store and got primary color tablecloths, plates, napkins, balloons etc..
For the Spred I made Oscar the Grouch's Green Punch and all the other characters each had an item as well. My sister made some cute place cards to put in front of each item. I found a mini trashcan at World Market and made a felt Oscar to stick out of the can and filled it with "Slimmy's Sour Gummy Worms". I also bought a cookie jar from wal mart and put cut out Cookies from construction paper and glued it on it.



For Favors I found some elmo buckets in the dollar section at Target and filled them with Dorothy's goldfish, Elmo's Crayons, and Cookie Monster's Chocolate Chip Cookies.


As for the attire, I found an Elmo dress online that I love but it was $56 so my talented mother said she would make it for me. It ended up being under $15.


The Party was a Success! Miss. H had a blast along with all the other attendees.

No comments:

Post a Comment