Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shelves, Shells, and Summertime

WOW! It has been awhile since I have been able to post. Since my last post I have graduated from College!!! WOOO HOOO!!! I have a Bachelor's on Business now! Thank God that is over with. Now on with the job hunt (the hard part). There are absolutely NO jobs and the ones I do find and apply for I "don't have enough experience for" Well, DUH! I have been in school. What do these people expect? All the other jobs you have to be bilingual...Don't even get me started on that! Anyway, that is what is consuming the majority of my time right now.

In my last post I was talking about the dreaded job of organizing the play room. I am happy to say it is complete! I re-arranged the couches and some bookcases etc. and I am VERY pleased with the outcome. Once the couches are out I plan to make a craft corner and a dress up section. The dress up section was inspired by a shelf. Yes, a shelf! I was garage saleing and found a white $3 shelf. You see a white shelf, I see a princess dress holder for the playroom. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up four already made (cut out and painted) wooden die-cuts. One is a castle and one a crown. I also picked up some appoxy glue (smelly but sticky). I appoxied the castle and crowns to the shelf. I am going to add some faux crystal cabinet drawer knobs to be the hooks to hold Miss H's Dress up clothes and create a section of the playroom dedicated to dress up! $3 Garage Sale venture=Success yet again! Below is a picture of the completed shelf!


This is such a simple and inexpensive way to create a dress up section fit for a princess! I still need to add some hooks for her dress up clothes to hang from. I am thinking about using faux crystal cabinet knobs. I'm going to put them in between each picture. I will post a picture of the completed shelf soon!

My Uncle was kind enough to let us use his condo in Amelia Island. Miss H, my sister (B) and all my girl cousins and I went down there and had a BLAST!!! It was so relaxing and much needed for all of us. Miss H went on her first beach trip last year and loved it but I was a little concerned as to how she would react this year. She LOVED it again! She ran straight to the water and probably would of kept running if I would of let her. I have a water bug on my hands! It's great to take a vacation but it's nice to come back home. We have a lot of projects to get done this summer so it's time to stop playing and get to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment